Spring in the air...
We've had for the last week or so signs that spring is finally coming. It's still below zero at night, but coming up to the plus side in the daytime. We've also had clear blue skies and sunshine, so it's been really nice. What is has meant is that the gritted paths melt in the daytime, and the gravel sinks. Then in the night it freezes over, so walking and cycling have to be done with extreme care, as some of the local paths are like ice-rinks. The other problem is tramlining - where there has been quite deep layers of snow, which have been solid up 'til now, then turn to slush, which makes it hard to cycle. These then freeze and leave deep ruts. As I have learnt through bitter experience, it's quicker and better to get off and walk. Still, we were in the back garden yesterday in glorious sunshine, planning the next phase of leveling the ground. Proud as I am of the fact that I did all the tree stump stuff with my own bare hands (no they weren't bare, they were covered in blisters by the end!), I'm going to get a mini digger to do the other half. Big boys need big toys!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home