Summer thoughts
It's easy to forget (see previous post) that summer even exists, and that in 3 months we will have no snow and endless daylight, but my thoughts have turned towards the bi-annual migration of the family of us all towards Norway. Into my mind popped the fact that we will all be spending the best part of a week together, and given that UNO seemed to cause a certain amount of stress last time, what shall we do after all the children are tucked up in bed, TV is only available to those with wider language skills than yours truly, and we have all eaten and drunk too much to do anything outside? So I suggest that added into the rota of cooking, scrubbing and toilet cleaning, we also add after-dinner entertainment. Before you all start thinking those kind of thoughts (Especially you, FOUA, and you NW, and you too, BLS), what I suggest is that we all come up with something to entertain the others, and take it in turns to provide a bit of light relief for all. Remember that we have had poetry competitions, model house construction projects and all sorts, so anything like that goes. Money can be spent out of your own pocket, and the only ground rule is that it shouldn't have anything to do with the professional side of your life. Of course if the vet and midwife wish to lead a discussion on the hidden numerical significance in Bach's art of fugue, then we'll just have to follow on. I know for a fact that the Psychologist won't be offering consultations! What do you think? On another subject, could NW, if he has time, come up with sufficient quantities of homebrew to keep us happy - or how should we approach the subject of Alcohol (purchase thereof), as we all have different, erm, levels of consumption!

7 Comments:
http://www.muntons.com/homebeer/countries/norway/default.asp
On the case, any special requests? I have made all the Gold range and there all excellent, havn't tried any of the others, I'm happy to experiment!
This is kid sister....my game suggestion is that NW carries out his what the butler saw? or whatever it is called. its a cludo like game but we are all part of it and its carried out thoughout a meal and evening entertainments. kinda like a roleplay situation. I got it for NW for christmas in Norway 2006....
I think we should plan to have an English Dictionary or we could have Pictionary,(apparently that is hilarious) or we could try charades or ......
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Toco,
Why do you never reply to your comments?
Kid sister,
That's a very good idea, I will keep it in mind....... Requires careful planing you know!!!
MOA
We definately need to play the version of Scrabble that we discovered on New years eve. That should be a hoot!
We have an English dictionary in the house, some kind in-laws gave it to their Norwegian D-I-L
Sorry for not replying, life is, as always, busy. I checked out the range and very much like the sound of old conkerwood black ale - almost a stout sounds good to me!
Now the next question is will we have a cd player. This will be a priority if BLS and MOA are going to do an entertainment for one evening. So that's over to VL and Mrs VL. Can it be arranged?
This is going to be some holiday. Mustn't forget to keep the log book.
Noted. Get BLS to add to her list!
My laptop plays CD's if all else fails..
Post a Comment
<< Home