Happy Easter!
A belated Happy Easter (and Paddy's day) to all! We didn't get a white Christmas, but it has certainly snowed over Easter - but maybe not as much as is Britain. It makes you realise that some of the unsung heroes of the Finnish Winter are the snow clearers. Usually very early in the morning they go round in all manner of lorries, tractors and purpose built machines clearing the snow, and then depositing gravel to give some grip. Then when the snow finally clears they hoover all the gravel back up again, and wait 'til next year to chuck it down again. There must be a Monty Python sketch in there somewhere, as two gravel spreader drivers discuss the qualities of the various gravels. Ah! this is a 1995 vintage light grey pebbledash, with a little hint of quartz, just look at the depth of those colours. Wasn't that a good vintage? (Or something like that in Finnish!). As it has been Easter, nobodies been at work, and neither have they, so the driving conditions were interesting, as I went to do my first service in Kuopio as an organist. I had to run a children's choir as part of it - it's a long story (as always) but suffice to say that I was the deputies deputy! Went well though. I have been thinking about the fast approaching family hooley in Norway, and have some suggestions to make in that department, but I shall return to that in a while, as now it's time for a sauna.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home