Sunday, March 02, 2008

Uninvited guests

While searching for the missing tree, I found these marks beneath our hedge, and near one of our trees.

They belong to a hare, looking for food. As the snow depth has increased considerably, he's getting hungry.

This is our apple tree, so we'll, sadly for him, have to buy some protection for it. (But probably not involving anything nasty, just a hare-proof cover for the tree!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had to wait for this comment window to come up, so hope its with the correct blog. I'm in the Cathedral office working on a computer that actually allows me to do things. So I'm wondering if you have thought of leaving food suitable for hare's to stop them eating your treasures. Do they eat bird seed or bread soaked in water I wonder?

I am so enjoying seeing all your pictures and following your activities. Once again, I've forgotten what to type in to get into my blog writing place!So no updates on our blog at present!

7:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home