Top hat
This rather natty looking piece of kit is our Savu piippu hattu (smoke stack hat) - I had to order it specially, as we have a long and narrow chimney, and it was recommended in the surveyor's report that we put one in place to prevent damage from snow. (why hasn't it been done in the last 30 years??? Who knows). The frame pieces are designed to fit over the concrete plinth at the top of the chimney, so as to make assembly easy. Except.... The standard plinth is 5 cm deep, and when I took the fittings up to our plinth I discovered (a) the plinth is 10 cm deep, and (b) because we have a smoke extractor on the top, the cover isn't high enough to clear it. After some thought, a trip to the local Iron mongers, and a couple of hours of attaching extra bits here is the result.

2 Comments:
Looking good, keep up the good work...
I can see that we are going to have to choose projects and plan carefully to get the most otu of your October visit over here....
P.S. 99.99% certain that I won't be going to India before that weekend now...
P.S. I've got a brew on!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home