I don't think it's that close...
Firstly, apologies for not writing anything at all for so long, I shall take back the horrible comments I plastered over my younger brother's and sister's blogs (except that they haven't written anything for even longer than I). I have been happily being a church musician in Jyväskylä for the month, and with no internet in my temporary flat, I was having to use the local library when I could. Most of the time I had only time to download e-mails. We have just had two or three days of high 20's weather, very hot and muggy, and, have just had the most impressive thunder storm. It lasted for about an hour, and was basically one big rumble, punctuated by flashes. We, in an effort to pacify small children, were counting the seconds (1 thousand, 2 thousand, 3 thousand...) to work out how far away it was. So we counted up to 6 after one flash, got the accompanying bang, and yours truly said: 'don't worry, it's moving off now'. To prove a point, the most almighty flash and bang happened instantaneously, i.e. right over us. How to keep children happy and secure, lesson number one! (I had taken the time to unplug all sensitive electrical equipment, and the storm finished about an hour ago, so hopefully I won't be fried at the keyboard). Now, though, the air is wonderfully fresh and pure smelling, as only after a good storm. In other news, I have gained work teaching music theory in a local private music school. As you may have guessed, I'm going to have to teach in Finnish, but it means that I'll at least know the Finnish terms for all things musical by the end of the year. The budding violinist has started her pre-school year, and seems really excited about it. The littler one is now in a separate nursery, and very proud of the fact that she's big enough to be on her own. Her teachers/carers(?) have commented how resilient, brave and prepared to get involved she is. The Psych. is back at work after a months holidays, and finding it rewarding but tough - dealing with long term unemployed, and those on long term sick leave has its ups and downs. In between dodging lightning strikes, I'm preparing for my new term in college, and trying to get thing in order after my sojourn in Jyväskylä.
More soon...
More soon...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home