The key issue...
So we signed the contract with the sellers today: we personally handed over the deposit (in cheque form) and then they handed us the keys, had coffee and doughnuts, swapped a few yarns, and will get the personal guided tour of the workings of the house this weekend! The sale will be concluded, again personally, next week with the handing over of the remainder of the money and papers. No going back now! (Unless we (or they) fancy paying an 18000€ penalty). Photos to be posted tomorrow. And yes, we'll surely have some projects in waiting for you all when you come. The welcome at the airport will run as follows: 'Hi, nice to see you, here's the overall, paintbrush and pot, whaddaya mean, you're here on holiday?'. Ho Ho, back to the level of landed gentry.
Another tooth has gone, so the young violinist's tooth fairy (being a little more prompt and in funds) delivered the following installment.
Again, being quick on the draw, I will cover for a choir concert that one of the other students can't do, in three weeks time. Good experience, and another contact here in Kuopio. It seems that my lack of Language is not a problem, and I am still experiencing the situation where I am introduced, the other party speaks the first few times in English, then pauses and asks (in Finnish): 'oh! you speak Finnish?', in surprise. Do you, VL have the same experience in Norwegian? I have also been interviewed, as part of a bigger article on the Runolaulumessu blogged upon earlier, by the national church music times Kirkkomusiikkilehti, which was rather pleasing and very positive, but at the same time embarrassing - I think there is a certain amount of curiosity as to my motives and reasons for studying church music here. I haven't really let on about my ancestry, as I think that it's probably wiser to stand on my own two feet (what, is this the first signs of modesty?), and let people find out with time. Having said that, I am very grateful to all concerned for the experience I have gained, and will continue to gain!
It's very pleasing to hear of the exploits of London son and kid sister gone french, but is the last-mentioned writing in English, or is this some strange new regional variation spoken and written in parts of Cork just south of Barrack street? What exactly does 'there are rude peope wrecking my buzz i must go n fill u in on more later' mean? Help, I sound like i'm 50 years old....
Another tooth has gone, so the young violinist's tooth fairy (being a little more prompt and in funds) delivered the following installment.
Again, being quick on the draw, I will cover for a choir concert that one of the other students can't do, in three weeks time. Good experience, and another contact here in Kuopio. It seems that my lack of Language is not a problem, and I am still experiencing the situation where I am introduced, the other party speaks the first few times in English, then pauses and asks (in Finnish): 'oh! you speak Finnish?', in surprise. Do you, VL have the same experience in Norwegian? I have also been interviewed, as part of a bigger article on the Runolaulumessu blogged upon earlier, by the national church music times Kirkkomusiikkilehti, which was rather pleasing and very positive, but at the same time embarrassing - I think there is a certain amount of curiosity as to my motives and reasons for studying church music here. I haven't really let on about my ancestry, as I think that it's probably wiser to stand on my own two feet (what, is this the first signs of modesty?), and let people find out with time. Having said that, I am very grateful to all concerned for the experience I have gained, and will continue to gain!
It's very pleasing to hear of the exploits of London son and kid sister gone french, but is the last-mentioned writing in English, or is this some strange new regional variation spoken and written in parts of Cork just south of Barrack street? What exactly does 'there are rude peope wrecking my buzz i must go n fill u in on more later' mean? Help, I sound like i'm 50 years old....

2 Comments:
Only at airports, when they see my English passport. I always answer in Norwegian and they normally change after the first couple of sentances.
When I meet new people for the first time and they hear my accent they sometimes try to switch to English, I always answer in Norwegian and they give up pretty quickly. This doesn't happen so often now though.
it means the horrible rude man sitting beside me was reading my work and i was gettin really odd wit him...
Language wise tho i speak in french n then get repplied to in english by people who dont even know im english...GRRR!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home