First performance
I played the organ in my first public concert today (Church services don't really count). It went well, four of us performing everything from Bach and Stanley to Arvo Pärt and Joonas Kokkonen. Sadly, the team on the performance side, and the opposition were evenly matched, there only being four in the audience. (The wife and kids came, and went rather quickly after yours truly took his turn, it being well past bedtime - so really seven in the audience). Still, isn't one or more an audience? I have yet to suffer the fate of the fabled singer in St. Multose, Kinsale, where even the verger left after opening the building, and nobody turned up. I could start a lengthy monologue on the presence of a higher being in a church, but that only really counts for services, eh? Music for music's sake, and let's leave it at that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home