Arrangements
Yesterday I earned some pocket money singing as part of an a capella quartet at a function in Kuopio. We sang two Finnish pieces, and then two Negro Spirituals - 'I can tell the world' and 'Were you there?'. Those of you that know me will realise that I have done quite a reasonable amount of arranging of music, nearly always e.g. organ to orchestra, or orchestral parts of missing instruments to instruments that are actually there (two bassoons to clarinet and Bass clarinet!!), and usually not involving harmonic work, just straight transcription of parts. But I am proud to say that my own arrangement of 'Were you there?' was the one that we sung. It's really interesting to hear something that you have devised yourself performed, and it seemed to work. I am sure that it's not all that original, but here, for those of you that would like to make suggestions, improvements, criticisms, is a copy. I need a bit more experience before I take the next big step into composition, but with a little bit of time, that will be the next challenge.

2 Comments:
Found some parallel 5th in the tenors and basses in bar 8....
sorry for the above Richard. Once a teacher always a teacher. J
Post a Comment
<< Home