Sunday, November 25, 2007

Deep dark secrets...

It's been getting stronger and stronger over the last two years, and I've decided that matters have come to a head, since even my nearest and dearest has started to notice. Yes, the time has come to take my leave of the closet, get out in the fresh air, take a deep breath, and say 'Hi, I'm the other cold one, and I have a f*t*sh!' Now, there is space out there in the Weird and Wonderful World for pretty much every sort, from the common or garden leather and chains to playing tiddly winks (c'mon, it has to be) and collecting train numbers. Acceptable forms are of course anything that runs on petrol and goes extremely fast, and any form of sport. I think my f*t*sh has developed as a direct result of the lifestyle here - there's not much space to move around, as living space is smaller, we've been living in a flat for the best part of two years and it's so cold and dark outside for so long. Enough to drive anybody a bit unhinged. So, and I'm saying it LOUD and PROUD, my f*t*sh is........... building shelves. To my way of thinking, if you've got a problem, build a shelf. Lots of space, you can dump all sorts of things on them, and then stand back and admire them in the cool light of day. I'd like to share my inner joy with you all, by showing you my collection. (Remember, we've only lived here for 6 months or so!
Here's the well documented attempt at keep the garage door in check.

And for good measure, I completely rebuilt the industrial shelving on the side wall.

In the wood shed, I thought neat and tidy was the only way to go.

But as you can see, this one hasn't quite been used to it's maximum potential.

The remains of the industrial shelving was just made to fit this space in our boiler room. I couldn't stop myself.

I reused a cupboard from our front hall, and installed a nice set of sliding receptacles (Phwoar, what a lovely word...) for dirty laundry in the wash room.

Here's one I just fitted. Sliding receptacles (ummmm), nice tidy clothes. What more could you ask for?
**** Please note that the f-word has been censored to allow this blog to pass comment filters freely, and in complete innocence....

1 Comments:

Blogger Mum of All said...

We are really looking forward to meeting your shelf fetish. Can't wait in fact. and are very glad Your fetish isn't something more sinister...

10:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home