Sunday, February 11, 2007

Regional differences?

Compounding the car problem was the fact that I have just spent Mon - Wed singing, playing and conducting, along with the other students on our conducting course. We were joined by the students from the Academy's church music department in Helsinki, as we are sister departments, and this is a joint course. I had the impression that my fellow students and I were worried beforehand that they would be far better than us country bumpkins, but this proved not to be the case at all. I think that those that are accepted on this course are probably pretty versatile before they get here, so we all have strengths and weaknesses! We performed 3 concerts, covering repertoire from de Victoria to modern Finnish composers such as Holma, and Kortekangas, via Mozart, Handel and Mendelssohn. Fun was had by all, new friends were made, and, hopefully, when we are on our own again on Tuesday as normal, we will find that we sing much better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home