Finishing off with icebergs...
To use up some of the old paving stones, and neaten up the area around our mat thumper (??? - Finnish houses have wooden/tiled floors, and mats in copius supply. These are then taken out in a weekly ritual and thumped to get rid of the dust. A yearly summer ritual - often taken after Juhannus to clear the head, is mat washing, done at the council provided site. Finland, Finland...), I decided to pave the area. All was going well until it rained like mad, ad washed away the sand underneath the half finished job.
As can be seen in the next photo the top row of stones is nowhere near level with the previous. I thought I'd be able to get away with the rustic (botched job) look and just continue anyway but....

then I found an iceberg.

This stone doesn't look like much, but was very large and probably part of the foundations of the house. Unfortunately it was also about ½cm too high to just put a paving stone over it and forget about it. So I had, after all, to rebotch the rest of the top level of stones anyway. It'll be all finished soon, when I get some more levelling sand.
then I found an iceberg.
This stone doesn't look like much, but was very large and probably part of the foundations of the house. Unfortunately it was also about ½cm too high to just put a paving stone over it and forget about it. So I had, after all, to rebotch the rest of the top level of stones anyway. It'll be all finished soon, when I get some more levelling sand.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home